Saturday, March 19, 2011

90's & Millennium Music...oh how i miss it!

I was just reminiscing about how amazing 90's music was, we more like mid to late 90's to millennium music (consisting to me from 2000-2010), the stuff that i listened to when i was in High School. Geez, that makes me sound old. I guess my 10 year reunion is 2 years away. lol! That was a crazy time of innocence, marching band was my life , no responsibilities, hanging out with my bff m.b. friends, having a crush on the same since the 6th grade all the way until 12th grade aka Calvin Barron. Did anyone whatever happened to him? yeah i already tried fb stalking him. lol.

Anyways, that good ol' music of crazy techno inspired & dance music mixed into pop music. Hey! that kinda sounds of what the music sounds like today but 90's music is special. Everything was trying not to be like 80's & not trying to look like adults, but failing horrendously & looking like dorks. This is the only photo i can find of myself of that era, i was in the 9th grade...1999



Back to the music, Ace of Base! Aqua "Barbie Girl," Eiffel 65, Lou Vega "Mambo No. 5." Ricky Martin "Livin' La Vida Loca" (when that video was seen as "racy"....so calm compared to now) TLC, Angry Girls like Alanis Morissette, Lisa Loeb aka the beginning roots of the Lilith Fair, Boy Bands: Backstreet Boys, N'Sync (when Justin Timberlake had curly hair & d), 98 degrees (before Nick Lachey had a reality show with Jessica), Mariah Carey when she had big curly hair, Shania Twain & her crazy outfits & midriff (shocking @ the time especially after Britney Spears started doing it)

 
That's all for now, i just wanted to rave about how great the 90's were & how i wish i could go back & re-live it again. Especially because i was a kid & didn't have responsibilities other than cleaning my room, being since to my siblings, going to school, doing my homework & all that kid stuff. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment