Monday, December 6, 2010

Should've loved it while I had it.

Around this time of year people start making lists what they want for Christmas, parents try & please their children with plastic colorful toys that will probably break or get lost in 2 months. I remember as a child i tried to make one of those 'wish lists' and go to Santa Claus at church & ask for those things.I think one year i actually got what i wanted, it was a Barbie kitchen set, Ariel from the Little Mermaid & another doll (which was blond). For some reason my parents only bought me blond dolls, i guess the brunette one's were too expensive? lol! After a while i kinda figured out that Santa didn't exist when we didn't have a chimney in our mobile home for him to climb down. :P

As i've gotten older my christmas wish lists have also evolved, like i want to be in Phoenix, AZ this year. I was there the last 2 years for my LDS mission & when i was there i wanted to be home. But I wanna be there this year, or at least visit for a couple of days. Maybe I'll make a mad escape when i go home to take a trip to Phoenix, its only 8 hrs away. lol! I've been terrible at not keeping in touch with the members or converts, i think because i was so heart broken when i came home that i wouldn't be able to visit phoenix again for at least a year or so because i didn't have the funds. :(

I guess i'll have to contine stalking phoenix from google earth & bing's map search that has pretty awesome aerial photo shots :P Plus i wanna go back to take photos of areas that i served in, church buildings, apartments that i lived in, places that i loved to eat...like Lenny's Diner on 59th & Peoria where they still sold 55 cent ice cream cones. yum!

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?encType=1&where1=Phoenix%2c+Arizona&qpvt=phoenix%2c+az&FORM=Z7FD

in case you wanted to know the rest of my christmas list, the more tangible things:
1) Glee CD's, don't care which one
2) Josh Groban's "Illuminations" (my family & friends are probably surprised that i haven't bought it yet...i'm waiting for christmas for it)
3) More sheets for more massages & school
er...that's it. yep. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment